Armstrong Lyon were successful in the tender to design and supply the Hydraulic levelling equipment for the installation of the transition pieces in the offshore wind turbine farm.
The following work was done..
- The project included the supply of 150 specially coated high tonnage cylinders, suitable for subsea installation and hydraulic power packs, running on environmentally friendly hydraulic fluid.
- The design of the system proved to be so effective that levelling was completed in under 3 hours per turbine transition piece.
- Stainless steel couplers and fittings added to the durability of the equipment in a harsh marine environment.
- A greater than £2billion project, Gwynt y Môr will consist of 160 turbines and is being built by RWE Innogy UK (formerly RWE npower renewables) in Liverpool Bay, off the North Wales coast.
- Once operational, Gwynt y Môr will have an installed capacity of 576MW, using Siemens 3.6MW turbines and generators.
- It will be capable of generating enough energy to meet the average annual energy needs of around 400,000 homes.
- The wind farm is due to be fully operational by the end of 2014
Do you have a new or similar project in mind that you would like to get off the ground. Armstrong Lyon are happy to assist Talk to one of our experienced staff and they will discuss the best options to meet your requirements.
"*" indicates required fields